Caribbean Princess Review

6-10 Cruises • Age 30s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Nov 2023

I booked a cruise for my wife and I, it was our first vacation in three years and I was looking forward to relaxing.

We’ve been hit with a myriad of issues in just a few days so far. First - it’s impossible to get a seat at a restaurant. Customer service told my wife that our app had an error which made it so that we couldn’t book reservations so now we are stuck going to the buffet for every single meal.

Next, the air conditioning going out across the entire front of the ship - we tried to call down to ask what the deal was, but our phone hasn’t worked since our first night aboard. So we walked down after midnight to guest services where we were stonewalled by a totally unhelpful staff member who frequently interrupted us and told us they knew and that the technicians were working on it and that we needed to “just be patient”. After not having AC for five hours and not being able to sleep, I don’t appreciate being told I need to “be patient”. I would never sail with Princess again. I’ll overlook the tacky decor, lack of dining options, and confusing medallion benefits. But customer service telling you that you “just need to be patient” when you and other passengers are sitting outside of your rooms because they can’t sleep due to their air conditioning not working? Stay away

Extremely bright Motion sensor lights that you can’t turn off will wake up your cabin mates. This has to be a safety feature of sorts but it doesn’t make a lot of sense and we were just annoyed by it.

The biggest issue is the air conditioning going out for hours at a time on a Caribbean cruise. We and other guests were stuck sitting out in the muster decks so that we could get a little relief late at night because our rooms were so ungodly hot. This was an unbelievably bad experience.

11 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Caribbean Princess Cruise from $278

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.