Seabourn Sojourn Review

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Oct 2023
Cabin: Veranda Suite

I chose because of the itinerary and wanted to try Seabourn cruise line. We have sailed multiple times around the Mediterranean with Silversea so I wanted to go outside of the Mediterranean. This cruise started in Lisbon to Canary Islands and to Morocco into Med to Motril Spain and ended in Lisbon. While anticipating our trip I read a lot of Seabourn reviews and was nervous about the trip because of the negative reviews. I will try and be as honest and fair and and give a few opinions. To all the nay sayers I felt Seabourn has done a good job of recovery from the pandemic. To long time sailers I wonder if the golden age is over and comparing pre covid to post covid is not fair. The industry took a huge hit and finding and retraining staff seems tough. I will say the staff on Seabourn was great though sometimes short staffed. The House cleaning was teriffic and always friendly. Rooms and Ship very clean, food was very good . So overall worth our money. Now for the cons and it is always easier to point out the negatives so don't compare list . I still give the cruise a 4 out of 5 but it could easily be a 4.5 if i could pick that. The ship is starting to show its age if you want the newest updated furnishings look elsewhere. I wonder if the Sojourn is on the auction block like its sister ship? Coffee was not very good if you want a good am coffee you won't find it. Thomas Keller very good , service was great but don't worry the food did not blow us away and food in main dinning area was very good. Shore excursion staff not really knowledgable about locations and did not have any great advice on ports. They seemed to just read you the brochure. Casino and gym small . I know everything is dressing down but seeing jeans at night does tarnish the ambiance . So overall I would travel with Seabourn again but if I found a comparable cruise line with a similar itinerary and an updated ship I would book elsewhere.

Veranda Suite

Clean , double sink was nice . small tv

7 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Seabourn Sojourn Cruise from $1,739

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.