Caribbean Princess Review

Grand Turk was great! The Rest was ... Fine.

Review for the Eastern Caribbean Cruise on Caribbean Princess
Calic920
2-5 Cruises • Age 40s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Oct 2023
Cabin: Balcony

We chose this cruise because my husband is a scuba diver and we heard that Grand Turk was an amazing spot to dive. But there are limited cruise lines that sail to Grand Turk and we wanted a more upscale experience than what we'd heard Carnival offers. There was not a dive excursion offered through Princess, so we booked our own. That was all well and good, it worked out just fine.

The real issue was my own expectation. I was expecting a higher level of service and cleanliness. I was expecting a different caliber of passenger than you find on a booze cruise. I was expecting the food to be excellent. Instead, what we got was "mostly acceptable."

The ship looked pretty rough from the outside. Lots of rust and need for new paint. But that's okay, I understand what the salt water does to ships so that's okay. The bigger issue to me was just that it was not very clean. Every ship I have ever been on, staff has constantly been cleaning. Wiping down hand rails, tables and counters, sweeping and mopping, cleaning windows, bussing tables almost before you're finished. That just did not happen on this ship. I never saw a single person cleaning. Anything. At all. There were not always attendants at the buffet monitoring that everyone washed their hands. No one wiping down railings or baseboards. It was honestly eerie not to have the cleanliness police following you around everywhere. There were mops and mop buckets just standing there in random corners, but no one actually using them. I guess I should have known something was amiss when the cocktails and wine ordered on the first day were being served in plastic cups instead of appropriate glasses. I thought that was odd, but figured that maybe they were just busy and the dishwashers were running behind.

Balcony

Cabin was clean and nice. Shower was smaller than expected, but we loved the additional closet storage space even if it did make the room a little smaller.

15 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Caribbean Princess Cruise from $278

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.