Norwegian Encore Review

Smitheroo
2-5 Cruises • Age 70s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Oct 2023

Its true that I dont have a lot of cruise experience and what I have (except for another cruise line in 2013) is post Covid but I am very puzzled about so many poor reviews of this ship. In my opinion, it was close to perfect. Yes, there were a few aspects about it that could have been improved. I will mention them throughout the review.

The hardest part of this cruise for me was trying to book it. The NCL website is a frustrating experience. However, the chat person I connected with online was great and I had my reservation quickly. Another online feature, trying to book the Choir of Man was frustrating. Got an email that due to scheduling difficulties it was cancelled. However, on board I saw it was not and it also didnt require advance reservations. We were forced to make reservations for the specialty restaurants for times much later than we were used to eating. Then when we got on board we found there were many earlier open slots. One time we stopped to ask a question at one of the specialty restaurants and we were told we could come anytime. Not sure the reason for all of this reservation confusion but it could use improvement. It just leads to pre-cruise anxiety.

After my embarkation experience at the Port of Los Angeles, embarkation in Seattle was a dream. Very easy, lines moved quickly. The safety drill was accomplished very easily during this embarkation process.

20 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Norwegian Encore Cruise from $489

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.