Norwegian Epic Review

jsn55
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Oct 2023

I had an aft-facing balcony on D12 and my nephew was in another cabin close by.

First and foremost, we had a fabulous time. The ship is weirdly designed, with inadequate public space. Walkways are too narrow, always felt like you were climbing over people. On pool deck, it was very congested trying to walk along dodging stage, audience, pool, bar, and very tight rows of loungers. I couldn't imagine why anyone would want to lay in the sun with strangers' bodies 2" away. Elevators were speedy and plentiful. The swimming pools were tiny, the hot tubs cold ... tho I'm told they later warmed up a bit.

W did little evening entertainment ... reservations unavailable, no interest in lining up 45 minutes to get into a show. More fun strolling around the ship, but disappointing to have so little deck access except the crowded pool deck. Super itinerary, we had something planned every day ... last day at sea was welcome to 'rest up'. Our independent shore excursions couldn't have been better. We spent the day on a speedboat out of Catania, had a golf cart tour of Roma, and took the train to Pisa, a first for both of us.

3 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Norwegian Epic Cruise from $279

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.