Iona Review

10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Oct 2023

This was our first cruise on one of the larger cruise ships and we were both a little apprehensive despite the fact that I had been on the ship lots of times as part of the Intercruises disability team. This did give me the advantage of knowing my way around and what the cabins were like etc. we both thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience and have already booked to go back on IONA next year

First things first, it is a big ship but quite easy to navigate with maps on each floor to show you where you are and where everything Is. In fairness, everybody I had taken off IONA with disabilities liked the ship, and the only complaint was the size.

I found using the App to book things like the shows and speciality restaurants really easy, but having read other reviews and peoples concerns about not being able to get a table in the main dining rooms, well we had no issue and did not book once. If you are prepared to share a table then there was never a waiting time, and tbh, with four main dining rooms, the quays and the buffet as options you would struggle not to find somewhere to eat!!

Ideal for two people and might be a squeeze for 4 people especially for wardrobe space and balcony space. Lovely modern bathroom

Port Reviews

Hamburg

Lovely city with some

Beautiful architecture. Would recommend the hop on hop off bus to really appreciate this City and a walk through the Elbetunnel is an experience

7 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find an Iona Cruise

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.