Scenic Jewel Review

2marz
First Time Cruiser • Age 70s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Oct 2023

Wanting to avoid the health issues of some of the larger cruises, I chose this cruise because it was advertised as a small ship with not too many passengers. My travelling partner and I were told by our agent that there would be about 80 passengers. There were 180 passengers aboard ship. The staff was magnificent, always smiling, always wanting to go the extra mile except when it came to illness. Both my travelling friend and I became quite ill around Day 5 of the cruise, and although I asked for Imodeum at the front desk (and was told they don't dipense medicine) and complained to our butler that I had a sore throat (he recommended ginger beer), neither individual suggested seeing someone in the medical office. We did not know that such a place existed on the ship and spent the rest of the trip very ill and incapacitated. I finally rallied enough around Passau to leave the ship, endure a tour of the beautiful city, in order to find a pharmacy to get what I thought would help the two of us recover.

The highlight of the trip was the magnificent Mariott Palace Hotel we stayed at the first night because we could not sail. The next highlight was the concert in the Lichtenstein Palace in Vienna and the coffee and cake tour of the city.

We left the ship prior to Neurenburg and were driven to the airport where we flew to Amsterdam. We were terribly sick for her son's wedding and flew home Tuesday, October 31. We are both still sick and seeking medical attention. I cannot help but feel if we would have received some medical attention earlier, this illness would not have taken such a hold.

Beautifully maintained. Always clean and made up with nothing lacking.

previous reviewnext review

Find a Scenic Jewel Cruise from $4,907

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.