Viking Neptune Review

2-5 Cruises • Age 70s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Sep 2023

Compare to other cruise ships we took in the past; Viking is head and shoulders above all other cruise ships. Including best customer service (they even remember our names), cleanliness of stateroom and the entire ship, 5-star services in all restaurants, bars on the ship and stateroom. In addition to the excellent services, the food was spectacular. To serve so many people every day and maintain the level of quality, tastes, presentation and consistency were so amazing to me. Hats off to the chef and the kitchen staff.

Viking offered many excursions, some were included with the Cruise, some were not, but we had many options. We took the excursions that we had not experienced before. However, there were one excursion that were a little disappointment to me, Sorrento and Mozzarella. The description mentioned "to observe a demonstration on how to prepare mozzarella cheese". Since it mentioned it was on a farm, I assumed that I'll see the steps of making of mozzarella cheese, from milk to cheese, and also get to taste the freshly made mozzarella cheese but that wasn't the case. Maybe I interpreted description wrong. We also didn't have enough time to walk around Sorrento. Other than that excursion, all the other excursions were great, the tour guides were all very knowledgeable of their subjects. We had a great time.

We will certainly book another Viking cruise in the future.

I love the fact that all staterooms come with a balcony. The bathroom is compact in size, but it had enough space for my makeup and both of our toiletries which was important. All bathrooms had heated floors, which was a plus. The shower was great. The stateroom staff did a great job in keeping the room organized and clean every day.

3 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Viking Neptune Cruise from $2,399

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.