Navigator of the Seas Review

6-10 Cruises • Age 50s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Oct 2023
Cabin: Spacious Ocean View Balcony

We chose this cruise because we did the same itinerary on the same ship in October 2022. It is hard to describe how much it has gone downhill in a year's time but here goes. Embarkation was fine and moved at a swift pace as well as disembarkation. The room attendant was awful. Our room was not ready until 2 which is OK as long as everything is ready to go once we got in the room! Once we got in the room we discovered we had no bathmat and no facial tissues. We called housekeeping and they acted like they did not want to be bothered and had an attitude. The room cleaning time was never consistent. One day we were gone all day and came back to a dirty room. We called housekeeping and they said she won't clean until 6 or 7 PM. We had no clean towels left as we had thrown them all on the floor expecting to have the room cleaned while we were out all day. Again, housekeeping acted like they could care less. BTW there is no longer turndown service which we were fine with as long as the room was at least cleaned once a day! Now on to Food. In Oct 2022, the food was excellent on the buffet. Fast forward to Oct 2023 and the rate at which the food has gone downhill is indescribable but I will try my best. The buffet food was the same every day. Virtually all of the food was tasteless, cold, and lacked quality and variety. Meat which included chicken, "prime rib" and steak was all tough. Breakfast was the same every day as well. The pastries were the same selection every day and got progressively more stale as the cruise went on. Scrambled eggs and omelets were right out of the freezer. Desserts were all frozen. Had a piece of red velvet cake one day and the amount of red food coloring was shocking! I thought I had cut my gums open when I brushed my teeth afterwards. Pizza station? Forget about it! None to be found unless you count the nasty pizza that appeared to be sitting out for days at a restaurant called the Promenade The Mexican restaurant called El Loco Fresh is just as awful! The nacho cheese was ice cold! Johnny Rockets is the hamburger joint. One day it was decent and the next it was like we went to a different place. No flavor! You have to pay for Johnny Rockets BTW. One day we wanted to do room service which as a joke. They never answered the phone! If you want room service..good luck with that! In all, this was an awful cruise and if I could give it less than one star I would. Do not go on Royal Caribbean! There are much better cruise lines to choose from.

Spacious Ocean View Balcony

carpet stains, dated bathroom, tiny shower stall, one USB port on the phone. speaker for announcements did not work

9 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Navigator of the Seas Cruise from $208

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.