MSC Seaview Review

Yacht Club fails to deliver for children and us

Review for the Western Mediterranean Cruise on MSC Seaview
Montytraveller3094
6-10 Cruises • Age 50s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Oct 2023

My four children shared two cabins on the MSC Seaview in the Yacht Club so they weren’t bunking in with us. We were assured by MSC that “everything” was included. They couldn’t stress this enough. Yet they can’t get icecreams, or have any free inclusions in the games arcade. As they can’t drink the included alcohol this seems unreasonable. The staff are lovely and the rooms whilst not big are comfortable. But we were promised the mini bar would be set to how we like, there would be a pillow menu, unpacking offered. None of this happened which would have made us feel more special than the already friendly staff in the rest of the ship. We felt overlooked and we received none of this. I emailed the company about this privately on board but the response was a strangely a rude one stating I should have read the inclusions. Agreeed… but we booked a week earlier and given we went direct to the cruise line their words were relied on. Priority embarkation was efficient only on day one but we were made to line up for the long wait in port. (Only ventured off one in Palma) We were actually ushered away even though we showed our YC bands and said we were yacht club. The restaurant is a haven but I think then meals could be improved. Some were quite good (steak) but salads in particular looked like they came off a buffet. Service was excellent the whole time. We paid full price for this cruise and so this was by no means a cheap week. So for us it’s the first and last time in the Yacht Club and because my email is as so rudely answered I can’t even recommend MSC at all.

Yacht Club area is a haven away from the crowds. The cabins are clean and modern and nice enough even if not large for the money. The shower is spacious but our water temp couldn’t be controlled in our cabin (intermittently went scalding hot) I like a cool room at night but I couldn’t get it cool as I’d have liked even though we were in autumn and should have been easy. TV’s don’t cast to your downloaded movies from your electronic and movies cost €8. Only a couple of English news channels offered so this was a letdown. Pillow were too big and heavy for our liking but we didn’t ask for alternatives even though we were assured beforehand this would be offered. It wasn’t like other promises too like mini bar setup. We were told we would be offered a spirit of our choice but we didn’t ask for fear of being charged. We felt that we had laid enough already thank you. The balcony was big enough and spacious enough for the chairs provided and the paint and railings were all in good condition. Overall I don’t think the YC is about the cabins, you are paying for piece away from the crowds and that is what you get.

previous reviewnext review

Find an MSC Seaview Cruise from $269

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.