• Newsletter

10+ Cruises • Age 40s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Oct 2023

Let me preface by stating I have been cruising for a while now. I am not a newbie. I'm considered to be 'Elite'/'Pear' level on this ship. Was shocked to see they were charging $4 for a bottle of water, adding another $1.20ish or more for tip, and then finally adding on tax and selling a cheap bottle of water for almost $6. Bit excessive I thought. Charging a tip for a pre-bottled water when all the staff did was had it to me. It's not even cold. I need to disclaim I did not have a drink package. I don't drink many alcoholic drinks and only a few speciality drinks such as a cappuccino, which when I calculate the $$ spent out of pocket did not come close to the cost of a drink package. I purchased a drink from one of the main pubs on deck 5, only once, and never went back because the service was terrible and the staff was rude. Bought another drink one evening from the Ensemble Lounge and I'm pretty sure there was no alcohol in this drink that I paid out of pocket at a cost of $9 + tip + tax. Never went back to this pub. I didn't have any issues with the food on this ship (Equinox). My state room and state room attendant were wonderful. Just a comment about the transport we bought on the ship to take us from Port Everglades to Miami Airport at the end of the cruise. We would never do this again. The bus was really old and ragged and the bus employee/driver was extremely rude. Next time we'll take a taxi (cost about $20) to the Fort Lauderdale Airport and catch the train that takes you to the Miami airport for a cost of $5 per person. This is less than half the cost to ride the less than desirable bus transport. I would like to ask the cruse line why why why do you keep putting Guest Relations in the same area as the entertainment placed on the same floor? We go to Guest Relations (GR) to discuss issues, ask questions etc. The music is always so loud the customers complain to the employees and they agree with the guests. I had to go back a 2nd time to speak with GR, same issue, when I could find a time the band was on break. Can you at least put up some kind of barrier between the music and GR? Or is there a reason you don't want is to be able to communicate to GR?

Room with balcony was great. Bed was comfortable and the room seemed clean. Room attendant was awesome!

2 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Celebrity Equinox Cruise from $296

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.