Riverside Mozart Review

Jacuzzi and pool
Mid day snacks
Cigar room
Lounging area

I chose the Riverside Mozart for the boat itself, knowing it had been recently renovated by Crystal before it changed hands. I knew nothing about the new Riverside line and took a leap, hoping that the food and service would equal the boat. I can confidently say that I was not disappointed. I cannot find one complaint with any of my experiences on the boat, from the room to the public spaces to the staff, food, drinks and excursions. Everything was top of the line.

The double wide Mozart is stunning. It has very high end finishes and fabrics, spacious public spaces, and four lovely dining venues (Waterside main dining, a bistro, a breezy venue at the back of the boat for specialty nights like an Asian inspired menu, and the top deck grille). There is a gorgeous spa with a resistance lap pool, and Jacuzzi. The top deck has table seating and cushioned bench and chaise lounge seating alongside a pop-up bar. The beautiful and quiet state rooms have large bathrooms and pillowy bedding (more description below).

The staff could not have been nicer or more helpful, and they made everyone on board feel special. They were great to my parents, who are in the 80/90 range (most cruisers were 30s to 70s) being quick to offer assistance but without hovering. They put on an excellent galley tour in mixology class. They were honest when we asked their opinions, remembered our names and preferences, and had definitely been trained that the Riverside experience is about service.

The cabin was incredibly roomy, as luxurious as the rest of the ship, and spotlessly clean. There was clever storage hidden everywhere— from small drawers in the bathroom and makeup area to the roomy walk in closet. The bath had double sinks, ample shower, heated towel bars and a surprising techno-toilet that had lots of options. The bed was super comfortable and the room was quiet. Because the boat is so wide, we never docked alongside another boat at night, which was wonderful for privacy. I wondered if I would miss a full balcony, but there is so much outside space on the ship, there really isn’t any need for that, and I preferred having the space in the room. Still, we were enjoyed opening the Juliet balcony door for the breeze many times. I would be remiss in failing to mention our amazing butler. She spent about 20 minutes going over the room with us, helped advise us about excursions and was just super sweet and personable.

7 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a cruise

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.