Harmony of the Seas Review

Think twice before you book this ship!!

Review for the Eastern Caribbean Cruise on Harmony of the Seas
judithlny
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Oct 2023
Cabin: Aquatheater Suite with Balcony - Deck 9

My husband and I have cruised for more than 20 years so we can easily compare pre and post Covid cruising. What follows is our attempt to describe the good and bad experiences of our recent cruise on Harmony of the Seas.

We were very pleased with the efficient embarkation procedure! We were aboard the ship so quickly we were honestly surprised!!! We immediately went up to Windjammer to get some lunch. The food was okay but the fruit was outstanding--fresh, ripe and delicious and remained that way the entire cruise. We went to our cabin at 1 PM and it looked alright. However as soon as my husband opened the bathroom door and asked me to come over, our problems began. The odor of urine was present. The toilet did not flush well--it required three or four flushes to accomplish what should normally be taken care of with one flush. We spoke to our room steward who said he would take care of the problem. Unfortunately, the problem remained so on the second day, we went to Guest Services and told our problem to the person at the desk. Within 30 minutes the head of housekeeping was at our room. He opened and went into and immediately out of our bathroom. He told us he would send a crew to our room immediately to clean our bathroom. When we returned to our room later in the day, the bathroom smelled nice and clean but as soon as we flushed the toilet, the initial problem returned and remained for the rest of the cruise. We were quite unhappy with this situation but found out that we were not alone c with plumbing issues on this ship. A couple we met and spoke to near the pool who were in a suite told us about plumbing problems they were having in their bathroom. The women's bathroom by the main pool was closed for two sea days because of plumbing issues, When we went to dinner at Jamie's Italian Restaurant one evening, we overheard two couples complaining about their bathroom flooding. I could go on but I'm sure you get the picture.

You can't beat the entertainment on this ship. It's fabulous. The production show GREASE was phenomenal. The singers, dancers, costumes and singers were all terrific. The ice skaters were incredible. The second production show, Columbus, was silly and a waste of time.

Aquatheater Suite with Balcony - Deck 9

Too many plumbing problems that were never corrected.

4 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Harmony of the Seas Cruise from $445

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.