MSC Virtuosa Review

A truly terrible experience. Avoid at all costs.

Review for the Baltic Sea Cruise on MSC Virtuosa
TamarTiger
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Oct 2023

If this had been my first cruise I would never cruise again. Absolutely chaotic; badly organised and just plain terrible. We arrived at the berth at our allocated boarding time of 1pm. We finally got onboard just before sailing time, 4pm. None of us had eaten since breakfast and our 8 year old was, inevitably, hungry. We boarded to find all food and drink outlets closed for the first hour for a safety muster. Inexcusable . It was the worst safety briefing and muster I have ever experienced. On a ship that size MSC should really get that sorted. They were clueless.

When I booked this cruise, more than six months ago, I specified early dining because we had an 8 year old with us. Our documents showed early dining. So it was a shock to find we had been allocated a table, for the entire cruise, at 21:30. With an 8 year old? MSC couldn’t organise drinks in a brewery. Thankfully the restaurant manager found us a table at 17:45 each night.

When we finally got to the buffet it was hell on earth. One food outlet for over 6000 people. Who thought that could possibly work? It doesn’t. It is virtually the only place for breakfast because the one, single, alternative was only open between 07:30 and 09:00 and turned away people who arrived after 08:15! So it had to be the buffet, which had insufficient cutlery; insufficient tables; insufficient staff to clear tables.

The can is ok. Glass shower doors which is excellent. Sufficient storage but take your own hangers as there aren’t enough and getting more from the cabin steward is nigh on impossible. Our issue was a creaking pelmet that really stopped us sleeping, especially when we hit high winds.

4 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find an MSC Virtuosa Cruise from $59

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.