• Newsletter

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Oct 2023
Traveled with children

We recently returned from a 12 night cruise around the Med on Anthem which was painfully long to the point we were looking for flights home at different ports and had there been available we would of 100% got off. The ship is majorly overcrowded not 1 day out of the 12 did we get a bed let alone a seat beside the pool or even close to the area. A number of times we just had to leave our stuff lying on the floor to use the pool. The windjammer food was bland and lacked variety and the place itself was again majorly overcrowded and you had to walk round and round to get a table. One night my son banged his head on a stair case and his head was bleeding very badly to the point both him and myself were covered in blood I ran to the bar to ask a staff member where to go and he was useless just stared at me and said ‘medic’ then carried on making a drink, great if you know where the medic is but I wouldn’t of been asking if I knew. The kids club staff were also not the friendliest, my other son had an accident (he’s never had one before and nearly 6 so I feel it says a lot about their attitude that this happened) they then didn’t call me to say, or change his clothes they left him in urine soaked clothes for over an hour until I arrived to collect him not only that but the next day one of the staff in front of all the other children at drop off starting giving him a lecture about not doing it again. That was the final straw and we did not return. The rooms were kept clean though and the room attendant was lovely she was wasted cleaning rooms and she was a really great person shame they weren’t all the same! One last thing 80% of the other guests on the cruise and rude and expecting. They barge in front of you, give your children dirty looks like they aren’t supposed to be on there and walk around like they are untitled. You don’t like children on a cruise - BOOK AN ADULT ONLY CRUISE.

4 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find an Anthem of the Seas Cruise from $287

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.