Grandeur of the Seas Review

10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Sep 2023

The ship itself is very well maintained and there are only cosmetic touchups. The staff as ALWAYS were great, excellent service throughout the ship. Yes, my biggest complaint was my fellow passengers! I gave up watching the nightly music entertainment when well after midnight there were several unattended toddlers roaming around the stage floor every night. Rude, loud whistling, shouting audience. Formal nights were a joke. Yes, I wore a tuxedo but most other diners were dressed to clean out their garages. Years ago one evening's meal selection was lobster and you could ask for a 2nd. Now the lobster costs extra and I have seen many empty lobster tail shells on diner's plates. Trust me.... I have put larger live shrimp on my fishing hook than these tiny lobster they are serving. Also gone.. A favorite with diners the garlic soup is no longer served. It is amazing how many passengers opt for the specialty additional cost meals. Are the cruise lines getting rid of traditional dining rooms?

This was a small interior cabin. For my first 10 or so cruises my then 2nd wife demanded at least a Junior Suite as she HAD to have a full bathtub. I didn't need anything but a shower. Wow... I was very pleased with the cabin. With just me I was able to completely store all my personal items out of the way so making up my cabin was a breeze taking maybe 8 or 9 minutes.

Port Reviews

Grand Cayman (Georgetown)

I chose Grand Cayman as I have sucba dives several times before due to the perfectly clear water. Grand Cayman is a coral island so there's not any muddy waters coming into the ocean waters.

1 Helpful Vote
previous reviewnext review

Find a Grandeur of the Seas Cruise from $205

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.