Seabourn Sojourn Review

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Oct 2023
Cabin: Veranda Suite

Just finished 17 day cruise of Western Mediterranean. First time on Seabourn. 3rd cruise on ultra luxury cruise line. The most notable experiences on this cruise are as follows:

Service of Staff. From the first day on board the staff made a point of knowing your name and treating you as special. This was clearly something Seabourn trains their staff to do as I saw many with "cheat sheets" with your name and photo on it. Nonetheless, even with 430 guests on board, they really made an effort and they succeeded in making us feel special.

Food: Prior to going on this cruise I read many reviews complaining of the quality of food and the portion size or the service. Our experience with the food on board was excellent. The best was the Restaurant. We basically ate 14 dinners at the Restaurant, 2 at Thomas Keller and 1 at Colonnade. The portions were just right for my wife and I as we like to have an appetizer, soup, entree and dessert. We hate to waste on only once at Thomas Keller did we eat so much that I had to give up 1/2 of my steak because I was so full. I guess if your goal is to eat your "money's worth" then you could want more but we found the quality and quantity to be absolutely excellent.

Veranda Suite

Cabin was roomy, clean and functional. Especially appreciated the walk in closet for all of our clothes in one place. The bathroom with 2 sinks was excellent. Would have traded the large bathtub for a bigger shower stall.

11 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.