• Newsletter

dette3769
2-5 Cruises • Age 70s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Sep 2023

I went on this particular ship on the recommendation of my traveling companion. She had been on the Star a few years ago and said how wonderful the accommodations, the fabulous food and entertainment had been. Sign me up! I don't know what ship she was on but it wasn't this one. The cabin was fine; what was to be expected. The food was horrifying!

It was so unappetizing. Sometimes I couldn't figure out what it was supposed to be. I actually lost weight! They ran out of orange juice several times. Who runs out of juice! As for entertainment...there wasn't much to do to keep you occupied. We saw two shows and they were excellent.

The two crew members that I interacted with every day were excellent. They get 10 stars! The crew that seemed to be in charge were terrible. Why do you have people in authority that can barely speak English? Announcements were made that could barely be understood. Plus they piped these announcements in the hallways instead of into the rooms. The one person that I dealt with in shore excursions (sorry did not get his name) was a joke. He actually lied to my traveling friend about tour space and she couldn't come on the tour with me. I watched him as this conversation was taking place and he had a big smirk on his face as he lied to her. Who does that?

The cabin was fine. Our room steward, Mario, kept it clean and stocked with what we needed. Wonderful job, Mario!

Port Reviews

Cobh (Cork)

Took the local train into Cork Town Center. Walked around for several hours, had a delicious lunch, shopped. Very nice little city!

Belfast

Took the Coast & Glens of Antrim tour. Absolutely beautiful! We rode through several small coastal towns which was very interesting. Reached the Glens of Antrim...unbelievably beautiful. Had tea and scones at a small restaurant...excellent. Our tour guide for this excursion was wonderful. She gave us lots of information on the local color and traditions.

Dublin

Went on the Landscapes & Powerscourt Gardens tour. Beautiful mansion and gardens. Some great shopping there too.

Our tour guide was excellent also.

4 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Norwegian Star Cruise from $599

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.