Majestic Princess Review

Princess Plus, Medallion and Crew 5-Star Trip!

Review for Pacific Coastal Cruise on Majestic Princess
Lkaitcer
2-5 Cruises • Age 50s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Oct 2023
Cabin: Mini-Suite with Balcony

This was our first Princess cruise - and it won't be our last!  We have cruised Carnival and NCL and usually choose our ship based on the itinerary, price etc... Several family members encouraged us to try Princess so when we saw the repositioning deal for the Majestic from Vancouver to LA it was a great time to try it - we chose a balcony cabin with Princess Plus.  We made a $200 bid to upgrade to a Balcony suite and got it.  We live in LA so flew to Vancouver a few days early, enjoyed the city and boarded the ship on a rainy day.  Boarding was easy!  We had our medallions and they helped us get through check-in smoothly.  Boarding the ship was as simple as tapping my medallion on the tablet and when it lit up a second later "Welcome aboard Miss Lisa" and I was in.  Our cabin was Deck 11, a lovely balcony suite with a full bath/shower.  Our steward Tyron greeted us with champagne and kept our cabin wonderfully in order all week greeting us any time we passed in the hall .  No matter what time we left, the cabin was neat when we returned!  The first night we decided to try the Concerto dining room.  We didn't have a reservation so we went early - so at 5:15p we walked up.  I had put my dining preferences into the app before boarding so when I tapped my medallion the hostess, Mary, saw that I preferred a window with a table for 2.  The maitre'd Romeo escorted us to a wonderful corner table against the window.  We loved it and were told that if we wanted that table the rest of the trip, to let Romeo know.  We told him and were given 6:40 every night!   The best benefit of that table was the wait staff!  We were given top-line service by Mario (a 25-year veteran in cruise line dining) and Daniel, (his waiter-trainee) every evening!  They both had our table ready and greeted us by name as soon as they saw us arrive.  They made wonderful recommendations, brought small-sized samples for us to try,  served each course promptly, kept our drink glasses full and gladly answered endless questions with a smile. During the week we saw Mario trin Daniel and know that he will quicky become a top member of the wait team with his warm personality and excellent service!  I ran into Mary all week coordinating drink deliveries in the buffet area and hostessing every evening at dinner.  The 2nd time I saw her she recognized my face and called me by name.  It became our joke that she usually saw me with a coffee cup and if I didn't have one, she would ask if I needed the one!  We felt like we had wonderful new friends and hope to see them again on future cruises!  Ship-wide the staff seemed to really enjoy what they did!   I did Zumba every sea day with Nikki, line dancing, watched movies in the afternoons on loungers out by the pool, enjoyed the ice carving, my husband did the putting contest, shot hoops, danced, played cards and did many other activities.  No matter where we were, the medallion helped us find each other on board, order drinks and food to our location or cabin with the medallion's GPS, check the day's activity schedule and welcome us back to our cabin as we walk up and more.  The medallion and app combination are game-changers for cruising convenience!

The wifi was strong, the cabin very quiet, the queen-sized bed and pillows very comfortable and the bathroom generous.  The food in the dining room was wonderful - fresh seafood from Alaska, every day in crabcakes, poached fish, shrimp cocktail....  The desserts were so yummy!  The Love Boat raspberry heart, the chocolate souffle, apple pie with ice cream and more!  We also loved being able to have the premium decadent ice cream sundaes or just a yummy ice cream cone throughout the day. The buffet had a good selection that changed daily with a wonderful bakery area and convenient walk-up place to get my Princess Plus specialty coffees.  We tried sandwiches and other snacks from International Cafe after late night dancing and they were fresh with a good variety - salami on pretzel roll, tuna salad,.pastries, cookies and more - 24/7 munchies!    The evening variety show was very good as were the many musicians in the Piazza every evening!  Their new night time DJ - Britton was awesome!  He kept people dancing until late even joining us on the dance floor fully engaging with the dancers.  The Hollywood Conservatory is a FREE hidden gem not found on other ships. It is a quiet adults-only space perfect for enjoying the ocean, reading, cards, table games ...  There is a pool there that is great for short laps and especially great on cooler days as it is indoors with a plexiglass roof letting in light but not rain or cold.

We are already planning our next Princess trip on the Discovery down to the Mexican Riviera in January!  Can't wait to re board Princess!

Mini-Suite with Balcony

Our cabin was Deck 11, a lovely balcony suite with a full bath/shower. Our steward Tyron greeted us with champagne and kept our cabin wonderfully in order all week greeting us any time we passed in the hall . The wifi was strong, the cabin very quiet, the queen-sized bed and pillows very comfortable and the bathroom generous.

8 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Majestic Princess Cruise from $158

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.