Harmony of the Seas Review

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Oct 2023
Traveled with children

We chose this ship for all of the amenities it offered. It also has spacious cabins that can sleep 6 at an affordable price. With 4 kids in tow, this seemed like a great option. We were disappointed, however. The room needs more drawers and storage for those who use all 6 beds. My husband was unable to unpack his suitcase as there wasn’t enough room. The bathroom and shower had mold in various places that was never cleaned out. We had to call to have our room cleaned each day. The amenities on board had LONG lines. My kids waited an hour every time they wanted to do 2 minutes on the flow rider. There was no consistency in length of time either, some kids got 5+ minutes and others barely got 2. It depends upon which staff member is there when it’s your turn. The food was also subpar to what I’m used to from Royal Caribbean. CocoCay was ridiculously crowded. The sand was like builders sand on the beaches which was weird and felt yucky when wet. The one highlight was entertainment. The new ice skating show has a weird them but the skaters were good. The Thin Line in the aqua theater was the highlight of the trip. Thankfully it wasn’t cancelled- it took 3 tried before the seas were calm enough. The aft of the ship on deck 6 smelled like raw sewage on the last night. It was like a sewage tank had burst. There were fans in the hallways but it did nothing to fix the issue. If I had been in one of those cabins I would have demanded a refund. The kids programs were pretty good. My oldest loved the teen area and my younger ones always said they had fun after visiting the kid clubs. They would have liked more time for independent time over all the structured games and activities. But they are closed for much of the day- only open a few hours in the morning, afternoon, and evening. Overall, I was sorely disappointed. The ship is too crowded and it seems there’s not enough staff to adequately clean and serve the passengers. Disembarking in Miami was utter chaos. CHAOS. Never again.

The Ultra Spacious Ocean View is nice for big families. Next time, I’d probably pay for two standard adjoining rooms to get the extra storage space and an extra bathroom.

2 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Harmony of the Seas Cruise from $445

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.