Celebrity Apex Review

traveltilidrop
10+ Cruises • Age 50s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Oct 2023

When I booked my cruise to sail on the Celebrity Apex, I was so impressed by the photos and videos of the Infinity Cabins, and the ship in general, that I thought that even if the ship went no where, I would still love the cruise. I would think back on that thought during the cruise and after the cruise ended and I returned home. This cruise was booked as a “10 night Israel, Egypt & Med Cruise”. It quickly became “Cyprus, Greece, & Turkey”, but what I think of as simply a cruise in the Greek Isles. It became one of the most memorial cruises of my life but not for the right reasons.

We boarded in Piraeus, Greece after spending one night in town at a hotel. Our appointment for embarkation was for between noon-12:30 pm. I received numerous emails from Celebrity reminding me to only arrive during this time slot. We arrived at the port on time, and after dropping off a 24 inch suitcase which DH and I were told was too big and that needed to be collected by the port workers, we entered the building and were ready to line up at 12:21 only to hear the announcement that people who were “One o’clock only” could join a line to proceed forward to security. I said that we were noon- 12:30, and DH and I were told to get in line with the 1:00- 1:30 pm group. What? Then one rude passenger announced that “you are late, we have already been sitting here waiting”. I certainly was not late, I was on time. For some reason, people who had appointments an hour ahead of me ended up boarding before me. I have never had this happen before. We then had to sit around in groups waiting for security to let us through. Very time consuming, and not what I was expecting after Celebrity’s repeated reminders to arrive between 12- 12:30. That was the first sign that this was not going to be a typical cruise. Perhaps this is simply a Piraeus port problem, but definitely an opportunity there.

12 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Celebrity Apex Cruise from $646

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.