Crown Princess Review

2-5 Cruises • Age 50s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Oct 2023

What year is this cruise? People are eating rice pilaf and drinking Blue Hawaiians, the comedian’s routine is shockingly racist, and the big musical revue is a nearly all-white salute to Motown. I halfway expected to run into cigarette machine. I am old, but Gen Z: I was appalled on your behalf. The fact that the buffet has a vegan section and there’s a nightly LGBTQ meet-up reminded me it was 2023.

A coworker described a repositioning cruise to me earlier this year which led me to Google 1) what is a repositioning cruise and 2) why is it so cheap? This cruise was especially cheap, not only because it was repositioning but also because it was sailing in the Pacific Northwest in October. You choose your price, and you take your chances. A gigantic cruise ship that’s about half full and where everyone is mostly stuck inside because of weather is a real weird scene. I ventured out once in the rain and the wind to watch part of Shazam from the outdoor hot tub with a towel over my head and didn’t regret it. Lean into the experience. Why are there so many Shazams in this movie?

When I looked online at the photos of the cheapest room I could possibly book (which I did) I got a little nervous. However, Princess reliably does their rooms right. While the furnishings remind me of my 1980’s Barbie dream house, the layout is good, the thermostat will reliably provide you with both hot and cold air, the carpet is clean, and the bed is supremely comfortable and big enough for two if neither of you is especially tall.

23 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Crown Princess Cruise from $128

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.