Caribbean Princess Review

robbinsca
10+ Cruises • Age 2020s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Oct 2023
Cabin: Oceanview (obstructed view)

I decided it was time to try another line after being disappointed on the last couple of cruises on NCL and RCCL. My DW had been on one Princess and other friends have been complimentary of the line in the past.

Overall I was very pleased with the cruise. Were there things that could be better- yes. There were more things that I liked than disliked and Princess will definitely be in the picture the next time I choose to cruise. I am beginning to suffer from a bit of cruise fatigue and think that the itineraries are going to be just as important on future cruises as the ship itself.

We are not party animals, so the bars and late night activities are not important to us. Nor do we bring any kids with us.........we have 8 grands and love kids but don't care about kids clubs, waterslides, etc. We just like a quality meal, a friendly staff, a nice stateroom (OV or warm weather balcony) and the feeling that we are doing things that we can't or won't be doing at home.

Oceanview (obstructed view)

Not impressed, NCL and RCCL offer better layouts or more space. Lights were a problem as there was a motion detector that went off every time that you visited the restroom in the middle of the night.

Port Reviews

Bar Harbor

Boring port, they don't really want you there. When two ships are in port they don't have sufficient resources to accommodate cruisers. Been there before, would have preferred to go to Portland.

Boston

Easy on and off the ship. We met friends and visited them as we have been there multiple times. If you go walk the Liberty Trail or take the HOHO bus.

Saint John (New Brunswick)

Used an independent tour operator called Bay of Funds tours. He did a great job of taking us to many beautiful sites around the area.

Quebec City

Bigger ships end up in the industrial area and it is a 10 minute walk to even get to the shuttle bus to visit old town. We had been there before and opted to rent a car and go to Montmorency Falls and Isle d' Orleans.

4 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Caribbean Princess Cruise from $278

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.