Symphony of the Seas Review

Wonderful itinerary but the ship experience was so-so

Review for the Western Mediterranean Cruise on Symphony of the Seas
Twink3117
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Jun 2023
Cabin: Ocean View Balcony

We have been loyal Royal Caribbean guests for many years, and this was our 3rd post pandemic cruise with them. We chose this itinerary and ship prior to deciding to change cruise lines, so went with it. The itinerary was very good - all the highlights of the Western Mediterranean coast, plus Rome, and most of our time was spent off the ship as opposed to the Caribbean itineraries. Symphony is a nice ship, but the service was just OK and the Main Dining Room food was boring, repetitive and "plain". We went into this cruise having had the exact same experiences twice before, but thinking "it must just be this ship" or "Understaffed". Yes, there are other options for dining (though experiences there over the years haven't been worth the money IMO). I'm not all that picky or uppity about cruising -- I just don't like to be underwhelmed by the product or service I receive anywhere I spend money. Needless to say, our next cruise is on another line.

The ports were all fine, and some were better than others, but I think that's personal preference of what you want to do. Santa Maguerita was my favorite by far -- lots of Limoncello! Great 3 hour private golf cart tour of Rome was also a high point!l

Ocean View Balcony

This ship has the newer of the Oasis class stateroom designs, so nice individual closets, a couple more outlets (though still never enough!) and generally a good use of the space.

Port Reviews

Barcelona

I had greatly underestimated Barcelona as a destination! We arrived 2 days prior to embarkation and had a great time touring around (on our own), eating and drinking cheap, excellent Spanish wines! Recommend the Hop on Hop off Bus ticket to see a lot and just jump off when you want to spend some time at one of the many attractions and areas. The harbor area is beautiful with a Christopher Columbus statue. Easy city to walk in and we felt safe (yet aware, of course!). Would return there again and spend a little more time.

1 Helpful Vote
previous reviewnext review

Find a Symphony of the Seas Cruise from $334

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.