MSC Virtuosa Review

Beautiful ship, but shame about the extra costs and bar service

Review for the Baltic Sea Cruise on MSC Virtuosa
Tash_GC
2-5 Cruises • Age 40s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Sep 2023

We chose MSC as had friends sail on their ships before. We booked at a great price, as we were travelling as a family of 4, so tried to keep our costs down. The ship is stunning and customer service was extremely impressive, EXCEPT for the bars. Each bar seemed massively understaffed (one even ran out of glasses), and ignored you unless you were sitting right in front of them. We didn’t purchase a beverage package as it was just way too expensive when you have four in your cabin (including an 18 year old who doesn’t drink alcohol but you have to pay for an alcoholic package…). I’m glad we didn’t have the package considering it was almost impossible to get served.

Each port we arrived in required us to use a shuttle bus, as the distance to the city centres were a 20-30 minute drive away, costing an additional £10-£12 per person which we didn’t budget for. We also had to pay for water during our assigned dinner seating time, which is ridiculous!! I ended up filling empty bottles of water from the buffet and taking them to dinner. You also had to pay extra to see the two live production shows, so another expense. The shows were great though, a high recommend, but should be included in the cruise cost. At least the comedians and other live music in the theatre were free.

I did write a written complaint about the bar service during our cruise but didn’t hear anything back, along with a poor experience on a shore excursion.

The bunk beds were perfect for the kids and the size of the room worked well. I thought it was actually going to be tighter than it was, so pleasantly surprised. It was also close to the stairs to go up one level to access the lifts. Very quiet too considering the theatre was only 3 rooms away. Next time though I’d book a room with a balcony. I really missed having a private space with fresh air.

4 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find an MSC Virtuosa Cruise from $59

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.