Carnival Sunshine Review

1st Cruise and not sure I’ll ever do it again!

Review for the Bahamas Cruise on Carnival Sunshine
gibsonstar2
First Time Cruiser • Age 30s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Oct 2023
Cabin: Balcony

We chose this cruise because of its affordability and the amount of good things I have heard about it. WRONG! Maybe my standards are higher than others but this trip was not good. The positive things were the employees were always nice. Though most could not speak or understand English. I thought this a bit odd as we traveled out of Charleston, SC and most if not all guest spoke English. The best experience was half moon cay, I don’t have a single complaint about this stop except the transportation to and from the island was very overcrowded and felt like they were going way to fast. The food was horrible! The last night on the boat home felt as though we were rocking so bad we might flip. Went to build a bear at sea worst experience ever they did not have enough of each to go around my kids were pissed. I ordered my daughter a virgin pina colada and they put alcohol in it and she got SICK! She is only 14! I just feel like my vacation was not a vacation, I would have rather been home. Roaches were seen in the dining area. The floor I stayed on 8 the ceiling was leaking and they had a big dryer thing blowing constantly on the carpet right outside our rooms. On the bottoms floors all you could smell was burning from the workers constantly welding. I was scared that the ship was going to sink or something the whole time. The boat is in bad condition and should either be renovated or destroyed. Everybody was drinking and letting their kids run wild. It was as if the kids were taking over the ship, CRAZY! Running all over the place no supervision bumping into people sitting at the bars it was a nightmare. We tried watching a movie on deck the teenagers were so loud and obnoxious we had to move but still barely heard it.

Balcony

The cabin was OK a bit small. The bathroom smelt like septic backup the whole time it was gross. Our attendant was so nice and did his best!

3 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Carnival Sunshine Cruise from $419

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.