Caribbean Princess Review

10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Sep 2023

We had booked this cruise hoping to see fall colors but much of the trees had not yet turned. We booked an overnight stay in Montreal with Princess before embarking on the cruise. Montreal accommodations were nice but the transfer process was lacking. The busses picked us up so late that we didn’t reach the ship until 4:00 pm which caused us to miss out on several hours in Quebec City. The Caribbean Princess is old and very dated and not particularly clean. Our TV didn’t work for two days and had to contact Guest Services three times to get it fixed. It was difficult to find seating in the buffet area, the tables weren’t cleaned regularly and many times I found food stuck to the dishes that the dishwasher missed. The dining room service was slow. All crew members were very cordial. Unfortunately, the morning we arrived in Bar Harbor, we were fogged in and the the captain decided to call off the stop. Within a half hour he reversed his decision since it was bright sunshine and probably feared a mutiny by the passengers. The disembarkation was a disaster. Totally disorganized with crowds in a tight area with no place to go. Had there been an emergency, people would have been hurt. Also, transfer to LGA provided by Princess was also ridiculous. We had a driver who obviously didn’t know the airport and drove around it twice before letting passengers off. He also never announced which airline terminal he was at to the passengers.

Overall very disappointed in Princess. I am an Elite cruiser with them and this is the worst experience I have ever encountered with this cruise line. I will never cruise this particular ship again, and I actually may start considering other lines.

Needs update and more electric outlets.

10 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Caribbean Princess Cruise from $278

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.