• Newsletter

First Time Cruiser • Age 40s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Oct 2023

Going to the Amazon and Amazon River has always been a dream of mine. On a whim, I booked 3 nights on the Aria Amazon with no real clue what I was getting myself into. My husband and I traveled from Denver, CO to Peru. The Amazon came after we explored other areas in Peru, and the heat and humidity was a big change from Cusco... but certainly not unexpected! I don't mind the heat, so it felt mostly nice to me. The adjustment was wearing long sleeves (highly recommended on some excursions) but I didn't feel that was a necessity all the time with bug spray.

The overall experience was incredibly memorable, full of surprises, and constantly enhanced by the crew. The cruise we were on was exceptional also because there were only 6 guests (of 32) related to some news of Peruvian political unrest that had preceded our trip. This caused many people to cancel, but the cruise did NOT cancel on us. In fact, they expressed incredible gratitude for us being there. They also did not skimp on a singe detail from food to excursions.

(We did not notice any of this political uneasiness in Cusco or Iquitos)

Rooms were beautiful and clean. Bed was comfortable (turndown service every night). The bathroom was also clean and had anything you could want... fits us plugs but 220 volts so my curling iron didn't work. The shower has a little drying line in it, which would be nice for a swimming suit. Shower also needed a little time to warm up. You never run out of drinking water, because they refill it in your room regularly. Slippers and robe was a nice touch. In the morning, the large windows are hard to see out of because they have tons of condensation, but they spray them off. In all honesty, you could tell upon close inspection of things like caulking that the boat isn't brand new, but this is NOT something that is in any way an eye sore. Air conditioning worked great! And it is best to keep your windows closed ruing the day to save a little energy. Obviously there is not TV, but only once did we find ourselves wanting to watch something while we lounged in bed... and our personal devices and the 2 hours (per person) of wifi did the trick.

1 Helpful Vote
previous reviewnext review

Find an Aria Amazon Cruise from $10,499

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.