Emerald Sky Review

The new "plague ship" cruise of our generation...

Review for Europe River Cruise on Emerald Sky
httpdotcom
6-10 Cruises • Age 50s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Sep 2023

My wife and I had been unable to due our traditional ocean cruising for a few years, and decided to splurge on a more expensive river cruise through several European countries we would normally not be able to visit.

- note to future passengers: the rooms are almost exactly the same size, regardless of the cost. Choose wisely.

The crew of the Emerald Sky were absolutely top notch, and I have absolutely no complaints. However, I believe the timing (possible cold and flu season in Europe) and cleanliness behaviors across the entire Emerald line contributed to 75% or more of the passengers developing similar symptoms and an almost daily cycle of passengers being transported to the emergency room in that day's port. By the time we returned home, my wife and I were both diagnosed with extreme cases of sinusitis.

basic... bed position too close to bathroom wall.

Due to a lack of rain, we had to transfer to the Emerald Dawn at Nuremburg, and the layout and decoration of that ship (which was supposedly only one year newer) was a significant improvement.

3 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find an Emerald Sky Cruise

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.