S.S. Beatrice Review

Fantastic cruise even for a celiac!

Review for Europe River Cruise on S.S. Beatrice
Izengolf
First Time Cruiser • Age 50s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Sep 2023

Long story short: ship, crew, excursions, food were all terrific. Had an amazing time and can't wait to go again.

Specifically for those with celiac disease / gluten free diet (or I imagine any other food restriction):

Chef Mario, Restaurant Manager Georgi and their staff were the highlight of this trip for me. Georgi appeared like magic to review the buffet or menu with me each meal and by the end of the week all the servers knew I was GF. Restaurant staff never made me feel like a bother to verify if something was safe to eat. The pastry chef even made me special versions of the desserts like the poached pear and a Baked Alaska! My mother was so pleased about the food I could eat and service I received. Other guests we dined with noticed and were impressed as well. It made for a truly relaxing vacation to have the stress of eating (in the past one of the true pleasures of travelling!) taken care of on board.

Small but well appointed, super clean with 2 housekeeping visits a day. No noise came from the rooms beside or above me. The Savoir bed and the sheets have ruined me for life.

2 Helpful Votes
next review

Find a S.S. Beatrice Cruise

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.