Azura Review

2-5 Cruises • Age 40s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Sep 2023

This is my second time on Azura, but the first time I have been on her at capacity. Found it a bit dauntingly busy in places but the staff really tried their very best to keep up with busy bars and dining rooms.

Dining - A shame the app wasn't being used in my opinion. Instead quite a lot of queues and buzzers for the Main Dining rooms. The staff were clearly under enormous pressure. Breakfast in The Peninsular was quite hit and miss, hard to get a coffee refill. Otherwise, the food I felt had improved from my last visit in the MDR's. We tried The Glass House this time, found the small plates a bit lacking in flavour but very fresh and hot. Our steaks were delicious and enjoyed the "wine carousels". Tried the Indian buffet on the last night and the pork vindaloo was really tasty.

I really love this ship, yes definite areas for improvement and probably a few staffing shortages here and there. Everyone tries so hard to make your holiday a good one. I think I will probably be trying some smaller ships in future but we had a really lovely holiday with some great day trips in Rome and Pompeii we booked through P&O.

Stayed in a balcony cabin on Lido deck. Was very worried on being assigned that it might be noisy. Didn't hear a thing, lovely and clean, great cabin steward! Enjoyed sitting on the balcony when the deck was heaving with people for a bit of peace. Great location for lifts and of course Lido deck.

Port Reviews

Corsica (Ajaccio)

Oh I love Ajaccio. Such an easy port to navigate and so relaxing. Took the open air bus down the coast, which is so pretty, to see the archipelago. Then took a stroll through town to the tiny garden behind Napolean's house. Stopped by Bar 1er consul for a yummy espresso (always very friendly staff and quick too). Then wandered to the market which is right by the port. Definitely try the Corsican "tarts" there if you can, delicious. They also sell beignets.

2 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find an Azura Cruise

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.