• Newsletter

6-10 Cruises • Age 50s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Sep 2023

Overall, we had a great trip. We really liked the new ship and everything it has to offer. Embarkation was super easy. I booked transportation from Rome with a port transfer company from Civitavecchia. https://www.civitavecchiaport.org/transfer/

On the boat, We enjoyed the race cars, mini golf, the stadium area with it mini pickle ball court, the lounge acts, comedians, and seeing the act at Syd Normans. My only complaint here is the amount of seating at the comedy club and Syd Normans is too small for this size of ship. We had to arrive 30 minutes prior to showtimes to ensure a spot in the area.

I liked the food on this boat compared to other NCL ships. The Los Lobos restaurant is excellent! We liked it so much we ate there twice. We also enjoyed Food Republic and Indulge Food Hall. Once I figured out to use the kiosk order pads, I really like this method to order food.

See comments above

Port Reviews

Barcelona

We did Barcelona on our own. I took a taxi to the different sites. To get back to the boat, we caught a taxi at a nearby train station, which is near the Picasso museum. We saw a large market, Guell Palace, Sagrada Familia, and a tour at the Picasso Museum.

Florence (Livorno)

We booked a tour with Viator and enjoyed a lunch at local chef's home. She cooked a wonderful Italian lunch. We got to help make the ravioli's. The views from their house were spectacular as we ate lunch looking out at the ocean.

Ibiza

We got off the boat at dinner time and took a taxi to Nobu Hotel to have dinner there. We ate dinner at 7:00, which is early for Ibiza and had the whole restaurant to ourselves sitting outside by the beach and watching the glows from the sunset on the water. Amazing!

Motril

Booked a private tour with Spain Day Tours to Grenada to see Alhambra Palace. Alhambra is amazing! Nice tour company to work with. They also offer group tours.

Villefranche

We took a NCL tour and visited Monaco and Eze. Wish we had more time in Monaco. I'd skip Eze. Although it's neat to see a medieval town, it's very touristy.

Seville

We took a NCL tour to Seville. Long bus ride and the tour guide was difficult to understand. When we got to Seville we had to break up into smaller groups and there was confusion as to where to go and when to meet up again. Yet , we all figured it out. We didn't visit the church, and walked around the city. The Plaza is neat to see.

11 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Norwegian Viva Cruise from $849

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.