• Newsletter

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Sep 2023
Cabin: Veranda Stateroom

Viking helped us select the Romantic Danube river cruise as our maiden voyage. We wanted to visit Prague, Vienna and Budapest and this cruise ticked off those boxes. September is typically a great travel month weather-wise, so September on the Danube it was. Viking handled everything--flights, hotels (we had before and after cruise extensions in Prague and Budapest) and all transports. We didn't have to worry about a thing!

The weather was perfect, albeit a bit warm in Austria and Hungary. Our Program Director, Theo, was wonderful. He had tons of energy, was funny and always focused on all the passengers' comfort. Every cruise staff member was professional and always answered our questions with a smile. Excursions left on time. Tour guides are all locals and provided a personalized experience.

This was our maiden voyage. My husband and I had always managed our own travel plans, hotels, restaurants and sites to visit. Most of our friends are seasoned cruisers so we decided to give it a try. What a wonderful experience. Everything was perfectly organized and nothing was forgotten. Viking thought of everything. Once we met Viking in Prague, we didn't have to touch our luggage again until we were on our way home from Budapest. Viking bused us to the Budapest airport and had a Hungarian native meet us at the airport to make sure all was well checking into our flight. The hotels Viking selected for our extensions were wonderful--beautiful rooms, great service, great breakfasts, great locations.

Veranda Stateroom

Our cabin was a veranda stateroom, so we had a small seating area outside our room. We did use the veranda. However, sometimes we were docked 2 or 3 ships across so we could not use our veranda then. Or, we were just too darn busy! I did film a beautiful full moon as we were sailing the first night. I will say, that video will stay with me forever.

The cabin is well laid-out with plenty of storage space and comfort. We slept like babies the whole time. It was much bigger than I expected, having stayed in smaller rooms in NYC or Europe.

1 Helpful Vote
previous reviewnext review

Find a Viking Gullveig Cruise from $2,199

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.