Viking Octantis Review

Top notch service and programming

Review for Canada & New England Cruise on Viking Octantis
Governor Guy
First Time Cruiser • Age 60s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Sep 2023
Cabin: Nordic Balcony

This was my first cruise and it didn't disappoint. I chose a smaller ship because I wanted a more personal experience. Viking Octantis carries only about 368 passengers.

From the coffee shop to the sit down restaurant, the food was really great with an interesting variety of choices, many reflecting the culture of crew members.

The staff and crew operate in a culture of high quality service, genuine concern for the passengers and each other. You can tell they enjoy their work and their optimism is infectious.

Nordic Balcony

Thoughtfully designed and beautifully appointed with plenty of places to store belongings.

I was traveling with a friend and they were happy to split the bed to two single beds. Lovely bed linens with traditional Scandinavian woven extra blankets.

The large stateroom window opens for fresh air and observation with binoculars provided in each room.

There is a drying closet to gently dry out garments from jackets and umbrellas to swim suits and shoes.

Housekeeping twice per day kept our room spotless and inspired us to keep it tidy.

The bathroom is well laid out with a roomy shower and softened, always there hot water.

My birthday fell during the cruise. When I arrived in the stateroom, there was a beautiful birthday cake, bottle of champagne, and a birthday card. How thoughtful!

1 Helpful Vote
previous reviewnext review

Find a Viking Octantis Cruise from $5,995

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.