Viking Var Review

2-5 Cruises • Age 60s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Sep 2023

My brother-in-law turned 60 September 25th so we chose this cruise on these dates so we could tie in Oktoberfest to the end of our cruise. Thought this was my husband's and my 3rd cruise, it was the first for my sister and brother -in-law. The cruise was perfect in every way! The service is 5 star! It just amazes me that the crew remembers not only your name but what you drink. Each evening, the menu featured courses of local cuisine along with several other options. The spread of food in the morning was amazing! Kris, our "egg guy" was always there to make our omelets or eggs however we wanted. Then we have all the offered excursions. So many to choose from! For me, the best were our biking trip along the Danube River in Vienna, so beautiful. Our guide was fun and full of information. We went by the Nude beach and yep....a naked man was walking down the road. It was my first time using an E bike, which was so easy to use. In Passau, we went to a farm where we tapped a keg of beer with the local beer meister, drank beer and ate pretzels then learned a German dance and played a couple beer games. Our host, the owner of the farm, was such a delight. In Reggensburg, we did the Microbrewery, what a treat! We learned about and tasted the many varieties of beer along with a plate of the various German sausages and again the German pretzels. But our nights were not without fun as well, we had awesome trivia nights with some serious competition...all fun of course and crazy dancing!! I love Viiking!! They will always try to accomodate your needs, you unpack once and have a week of fun!!! We are now looking to do an Ocean cruise!!

We booked late so we didn't have the cabin options we are used to. The cabin itself was fine but we didn't have the full length view we usually enjoy. Jonatan our cabin steward was awesome!!!

1 Helpful Vote
previous reviewnext review

Find a Viking Var Cruise from $2,199

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.