Viking Hemming Review

Review for Europe River Cruise on Viking Hemming
Sheila A
2-5 Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Sep 2023

We thoroughly enjoyed our time on the Viking Hemming. The staff was wonderful - the food was great - and we met wonderful people along the way. We extended our time with the pre - trip to Madrid and the post-trip to Santiago. Both extensions were so enjoyable. We especially liked the Flamenco Dance evening in Madrid and the stop in Braga on our way to Santiago. I wished we had more time to spend there. Also, the Viking staff and the tour guides on the extensions were great and all transfers went smoothly.

The views in the Duoro Valley are spectacular,,, the cities visited on the cruise portion of the trip were equally lovely - especially enjoyed Porto, Lisbon and Salamanca, Spain. The tour guides were all excellent - informative, friendly and helpful. The ship is a bit smaller than the long ships on the Danube and the Rhine and the only thing I really missed was the Aquavit terrace option as another place to eat... no other complaints. I cannot recommend this trip more highly.

2 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Viking Hemming Cruise from $3,999

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.