Disney Dream Review

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Sep 2023
Cabin: Standard Inside Stateroom

First of all, I'll admit that my review will be a bit incomplete as my wife and I got covid on the ship and had to get isolated for half of the cruise. With that said, I think five nights is plenty enough time to judge the ship. I've been on the Magic for four cruises, and it's been a bit of my "home ship", in a way, so I was eager to see what the Dream had to offer.

Unfortunately, I think it's a worse ship than the magic in pretty much every way possible. Let's start with the things it does better, though : the inside cabins with the virtual porthole do feel a bit more spacious and less claustrophobic, there's more space to swim in the pools, the AquaDuck is better than the AquaDunk, and the Walt Disney Theater is arguably the best theater at see I've seen.

But it's a harder ship to navigate than the Magic in my opinion, like the fact that you have to go through Cabanas to get to the pools and the drink station when you have an aft cabin is weird or the long corridor from the atrium to Animator's Palate that seems a bit claustrophobic without the Promenade Lounge. Speaking of Animator's Palate, I think that this version is (way) worse that the one on the Magic and Wonder, an opinion apparently shared by former Imagineer Bob Holland, who was on the cruise to give us some very interesting presentations (definitely one of the highlights of the cruise). Also the District bars seem to small for their own good, I would have loved to hang out more in 687 but it was pretty much always crowded except for late at night. Finally, the Golden Mickeys is one of the worst "jukebox" Disney shows there is, relying on a weak storyline and some overplayed songs (fortunately Disney's Believe is much better).

Standard Inside Stateroom

2 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Disney Dream Cruise from $657

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.