Marina Review

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Sep 2023
Cabin: Penthouse Suite

The weather played havoc with our cruise and while I understand that no-one can control that, I'm not sure that the best decisions were always made. We missed a day in Bordeaux and Tangier - both highlights of the cruise. We had 4 sea days instead of one, although we were compensated with a future cruise credit.

Embarkation during a storm was a disaster. We had to drop untagged luggage at one point and get to the other side of the terminal to check in. After check-in there were people escorting you to the ship with an umbrella, but I was already soaked.

The bus shuttle service in both Bordeaux and Bilbao was terrible, there were simply not enough busses, resulting in long queues, again in rain in Bilbao. No-one took any responsibility for this and simply blamed the port authorities.

Penthouse Suite

The cabin was spacious, but in need of a revamp, which I believe has been delayed to 2024. There was loads of storage space and the linen was of good quality. It was kept clean by Janice and although our Butler did not have much to do he was also very pleasant. The bathroom was a little small, especially the shower, my husband is over 6' tall and he battled. I believe that the baths will be done away with when the ship is revamped and that will be an improvement.

Port Reviews

Bordeaux

The ship docked in Bassens instead of Bordeaux. It was a most unwelcoming scrap heap. There were insufficient busses into Bordeaux and long queues. We also had to leave a day earlier than planned because of bad weather and missed our wine tour which we were so looking forward to.

5 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Marina Cruise from $2,089

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.