Avalon Passion Review

Lovely cruise, all first rate, but communications with Avalon was quite bad.

Review for Europe River Cruise on Avalon Passion
thisisridiculous
6-10 Cruises • Age 60s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Aug 2023

Traveling to these counties was somewhere we had never been. The actual cruise was terrific. The pre-trip was fine, nothing great. The guides and excursions were usually just an average. One in Vidin Bulgaria was terrific. Nothing in context with regards to history or inclusion (lots of churches and according to guides no synagogues, even when they were 1 or 2 blocks away) and we found them on our own. In general I’m advance of our trip it was a useless effort to attempt to communicate with Avalon. Quite frustrating and I don’t recall that from past trips. I was told there was no post trip to Romania/Transylvania. There was, but I had already booked one on my own. We saw a lot more than they did and had a far better guide. So that worked out ok. The boat/ship was lovely and there was a nice mix of passengers of various ages, singles and couples, mostly from the US, Canada, Australia.

Top floor, middle cabin, very, very nice.

previous reviewnext review

Find an Avalon Passion Cruise from $1,669

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.