Silver Whisper Review

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Sep 2023
Cabin: Deluxe Veranda Suite

My husband and I just returned from the Silver Whisper in Japan. A little background, we have over 25 cruises under our belts including 5 since Covid ended, this cruise being our 6th post-Covid. We have cruised Seabourn, Oceania, Viking, Azamara, and suites on Royal, NCL, and Celebrity as well as regular rooms on Princess and Royal.

The Great

The food quality and preparation were excellent and well-proportioned. The meats including the filets and lamb were very good and far exceeded the usual Royal Caribbean/Celebrity meats which are under-whelming but have the same overall ownership. Included wines were overall good including a nice Rose and an Alexander Valley Cabernet. The Italian wines were not to my taste. Our room attendant and the Butler were totally awesome. I think they would have done anything for us. The Port to Port worked well with transportation and choice of pre-cruise hotel was very good at the Conrad Tokyo. The air was a nightmare as they only do coach or DeltaOne on Delta. We do Premium Select and we had to really work hard to get that option.

Deluxe Veranda Suite

Port Reviews

Kanazawa

Wonderfully delightful port. The people of Kanazawa really want to show you their hospitality. The tea ceremony was an unexpectedly great experience due to a wonderful guide who showed us her love of her culture. Kanazawa port produced a huge drum send-off as we left the pier. Spectacular.

Osaka

We took the Kyoto on your own transportation. We were very confused as to why the excursion left so late when we docked the previous evening. Kyoto is not small and we only had time to see two sites - the Bamboo forest and the Nijo Castle. I was planning on spending the night in Kyoto, but canceled because they could not tell me when they would return our passports. Again a failure in communication by the services desk. They also cancelled the Geisha show which we had booked. If you go to Japan, isn't that the classical experience you should see?

Akita

Interesting experience traveling to the Namahage exhibit. I won't say more except go yourself. Unfortunately, our guide was unprepared and spoke English poorly, but the tour itself was interesting and interesting to see rural Japan.

Pusan (Kyongju)

Very good tour to the ancestral burial mounds. The best food of the entire voyage was provided at a Korean BBQ with about 12 side dishes to try. Well worth it.

12 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Silver Whisper Cruise from $3,200

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.