Nieuw Statendam Review

10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Sep 2023

I loved the staff, the service and honestly the maintenance of the ship is overall very good. I would give them 4.5 to 5 stars in most cases. The ship however is old from the perspective of activities and value.

Activities are very limited compared to other vessels both in terms of physical offerings such as recreational opportunities but also in terms of creativity. Other ships have mini golf, golf simulators, water slides etc. but you wouldn’t find those here. Secondly, the daily activities are very stale. Many other lines are just more creative with classes on cooking, massage, meditation etc., movie nights on deck, staff members who engage guest with pool entertainment on deck several times per day etc.

To be fair there were a couple movies offered, not anything people really want to watch. Holland America really could use a revamping of their activities directors.

Small, I booked a room with a balcony but the original cruise was canceled due to the war in Ukraine last year. When the line rebooked I got the sea view in the lower deck. I explained the situation and requested a balcony room but they were full. I should had reviewed more closely in the rebooking, so that’s something I could have been more aware of as well.

4 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Nieuw Statendam Cruise from $544

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.