MSC Poesia Review

The Potential to Be Better is There but MSC Must Not care???

Review for the Baltic Sea Cruise on MSC Poesia
JAVinKC
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Sep 2023
Cabin: Premium Balcony

We sailed on MSC Seaside in Feb of 2020 and it was a great experience so we were looking forward to our Cruise booked on Poesia. We chose this one as it had a very nice itinerary. The ship was beautiful and well taken care of.

The potential is really there but it seems as if MSC does not care. I am sure I am not the first person to list the shortcomings on their survey as they were apparent and most people I met on this cruise all chimed in with lots of the same issues.

First off the food was really lacking and way below all the other cruises I have taken. I've been on lots of lines and the food was equal to the Golden Corral if that. I sent so many dinners back it was a joke with our waiter. He would actually wait for me to take a bite to see if the entree was a keeper. I am not a picky eater at all either. One bite of the fish and I had a mouthful of bones, that went back. Cannelloni as bland mush, that went back. One beef meal was very tough it went back. The pineapple sorbet was outstanding. The small croissants in the buffet were great too.

Premium Balcony

We had a balcony cabin. The first day there was a terrible sewer smell in the bathroom. We reported it and they took care of it right away.

7 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find an MSC Poesia Cruise from $89

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.