• Newsletter
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Celebrity Apex Review

Not quite fond of this ship.

Review for the Western Mediterranean Cruise on Celebrity Apex
Cunarder12
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Sep 2023

I have to say overall it was a great cruise. Started in Rotterdam and ended in Athens. The service was impeccable. So helpful and friendly. I was with a group of 12 others. We tried all 4 restaurants the first 4 nights then ate in Eden the 5th night. During that dinner we said we missed going to the same restaurant with the same waiter every night. So I spoke with the matre' d and every night at 7:30 we had a large table to ourselves with the same waiter. He was one of the best waiters I've ever had. We did 7:30 so we could get together for drinks each night, have a leisurely dinner and then make the 9:30 show in the theater. The entertainment left a lot to be desired. The Paul McCartney imitator was awful. The other shows were mediocore. The comedian was okay. The bands playing were boring. Nothing exciting to listen to. There was one show in a special venue called Caravan. It was a circus based show which was great. The stage shows had too much going onstage at once and you didn't know where to look. It took away from talent of each of the performers on stage. Walking around the ship I ran into too many deadends. I was on an upper deck and wanted to walk forward (this was above the pool area) and I couldn't go forward as on each side there were areas called the Retreat just for suite guests so to go forward I had to go down one deck then walk forward and then back up. My friends who had Infinite Balconies said it made the room hot and they couldn't get a breeze. I had (on deck 3) and ocean view cabin which was great. But I was right in the middle of deck 3 and it was a long walk to either end of the corridor. The food was good I must say. I prefer Celebrity's Solstice class ships.

Great cabin with plenty of space. Lots of closet and other space to store things.

Port Reviews

Seville

Great port. Loved the Flamenco show I saw.

2 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Celebrity Apex Cruise from $617

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.