MSC Seaside Review

2-5 Cruises • Age 30s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Sep 2023

My birthday is September 11, so being that it landed on a Monday this year my girlfriend decided to get us a cruise for the weekend so we can celebrate along with another couple. The only option for us was MSC Seaside for this time. Being that I have only ever been on one other cruise, I was excited to get away just us adults with no kids or any distractions since I own 2 businesses and am always working. On the day of Embarkation we got on the ship and went to our room to drop off our belongings and to check out our suite. Once we got there, my girlfriend said that we were supposed to have a bottle of Prosecco and chocolate covered strawberries in our room and there was none. So we went down to guest services to check in with them after we went through the mandatory safety protocol only to be told that they couldn’t help us until the following day. Come Friday the next morning we went to guess services and found out that they had set us up with the regular Bella package instead of the Aurea package that was part of our booking. Through out the whole time of trying to get that taken care of, the staff member that was tending to us was just very unpleasant and if it wasn’t for our email confirmation, they never would have gave it to us. That same morning we went to the spa to set a time up for our massages which again they had no record of until we showed them proof of purchase and seemed to be as if we were a bother to them because at this point we were frustrated that there is no organization. With one day gone and limited time we tried to enjoy the rest of our mini getaway. The next evening on Saturday night we tried to all have dinner at one of the restaurants which took over an hour and a half to get our food and barely got drinks. Over all it was a very big disappointment with to much stress on what was supposed to be a fun filled, stress free getaway to celebrate. Never did they offer us anything to make things right including our Prosecco and chocolates that are supposed to come with the package and which they said multiple times they would send. We also lost a day and a half of using the thermal spa package due to them not having the right package set up. It was my first experience with MSC cruises and most likely will be my last. I wouldn’t recommend them if you want a smooth sailing with no hiccups and friendly staff.

We stayed in one of the grand suites. I was not to content that the balcony was not a full glass view and view was obstructed. You would think they could make it more desirable. No view.

1 Helpful Vote
previous reviewnext review

Find an MSC Seaside Cruise from $49

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.