Quark Ultramarine Review

Spectacular scenery and Quark's wonderful and supportive crew.

Review for the Arctic Cruise on Quark Ultramarine
GreenlandExplorer
2-5 Cruises • Age 80s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Jul 2023

Southern Greenland has been a top priority for me ever since I flew over it on a flight from Keflavik to Boston. It looked spectacular from the air and was spectacular as I experienced it on Quark's Ultramarine ship. Quark planned a number of excursion experiences to let me and others enjoy the natural wonders close up, not just from on board the Ultramarine. Quark's helicopters permitted us to visit pristine lakes for kayaking and to hike and explore on the top of granite walls that would otherwise be unreachable. This approach allowed us to experience the majesty of Southern Greenland close up.

The Quark crew was knowledgeable, friendly and supportive. The plans for the next day were always reviewed in advance at an in person meeting in which activities were explained and constraints caused by the weather were anticipated. Safety was always high priority. I also enjoyed getting to see local villages and the how people lived in this remote location.

Comfortable and well appointed.

2 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Quark Ultramarine Cruise

Any Month

© 1995—2023, The Independent Traveler, Inc.