Norwegian Sun Review

froggy1313
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Sep 2023

I last sailed this ship 6 years ago. This is the first time since COVID that I have sailed on NCL, my 25th cruise total and I am Platinum status with them. My fav cruise line has really stopped customer first service. My checkin was 11am, no rooms ready till 3pm so the common areas were flooded, no room to sit, not enough bathrooms. Then the buffet is a bad flow causing hundreds of people to line up in one line. Later, the other side opened but had ethnic/Indian food etc. I ate main dining room twice in 9 days. The first time the top sirloin was so tough I couldn’t cut it with a knife. The second time I paid an upcharge for a filet and it was grey and dry (ordered medium rare). The 4 times I ate in specialty dining were not a wow. Mexican was good. The othe three all got my order wrong or I had to send my food back for overcooked meat (again grey steak). No pink at all. And the buffet was usual ok quality but dinner had a theme. One night Oriental (Asian), Mexican, Cuban etc. and if you don’t like that there is little choice. The excursion start times were changed, and NCL was notified the day before, but they did not let me know.

Overall a great itinerary but a terrible crew performance. Standout yay for my room steward. NCL now only does one time a day, and mine was about 3pm so my room was always unmade. But my steward was wonderful.

My other cruises are Carnival, MSC, and a couple Princess and RCL so it’s not like I am used to high end cruising. Hoping this is only representative of this ship alone. I will not be back.

Family Interior was roomy. Great

5 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Norwegian Sun Cruise from $497

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.