MSC Seaside Review

I'll never go on another cruise.

Review for the Bahamas Cruise on MSC Seaside
babyismydog
First Time Cruiser • Age 70s

Sail Date: Sep 2023

My first--and last--ocean cruise. Will never do another one. From beginning to end it was disorganized, difficult, tiring, unpleasant and I didn't feel safe. The embarkation took hours--no signs for lines, no directions, lots of walking with our hand luggage, crowded, loud. Everybody can't walk as far as you expect them to--why not some rolling walkways as in airports? For disembarkation we were given an assembly time and spot and when we went there nobody knew where to go next. People were taking elevators and stairs up and down to all different places. During the cruise we kept receiving pages and pages of printed information, but none of it told me what I wanted to know, and I could not find anybody except the desk staff on level 6 who knew anything. Ex: How do I know where and when to go for meals? Why don't the cabin phones and my cell phone and the internet work reliably? (Because they were so spotty throughout the trip I was often unable to meet up with the people I came with and wound up eating many meals alone.) How do the elevators work? How can I get the minibar unlocked? Where can I get a diet coke--found somebody to get me one on the third day. Did anybody vacuum my room before I came? Why do you allow people to smoke on balconies (it drifts right next door so you can't use your own balcony)? The safety drill was dangerous-- I left my cabin when told but had no idea where my assembly area was--on my floor or another--I just followed the huge crowd that swept me along. When I got to the floor where everyone stopped I couldn't find the person holding a little sign with my group letter on it for quite a while. He registered my card and told me to go back to my room. All the way back, I wondered "What if there's a real emergency? Now that I know where my assembly area is, will I ever make it there in time? And then what? Where do we go? Are there lifeboats? vests? life preservers? who will help us?" When I got on the boat a paper on the desk told me to watch a safety video on the tv and then call a certain number on the room phone to prove I did. I watched it, couldn't use the phone because it wasn't working, and that night I received a formal letter from the captain reprimanding me for not having watched the video! I found out I had a cabin steward on my 3rd day--he was nice but didn't know much. The stores were ok but none of them sold many of the small things you might need. The island was ok but shops sold mostly MSC merchandise. The noise at night kept me awake--the walls of the cabins were very thin.

3 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find an MSC Seaside Cruise from $49

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.