• Newsletter
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

MSC Preziosa Review

Pay for water in restaurant? Excuse me!

Review for the Arctic Cruise on MSC Preziosa
yungyung
10+ Cruises • Age 80s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Aug 2023

We wanted to go to Iceland and Norwegian fiords back before Covid and booked 2 cruises on different ships because they were among the only lines going to that area. One month before departure, Covid stuck and the world stood still for travel. 4 and a half years later and several ship changes, port changes and itineraries, we finally sailed on Preziosa for back to back cruises to Iceland and Norway.

First night in dining room I asked for a glass of tap water, only to be told, we don’t have that anymore. You must buy a bottle of water! Buy a glass of water? Excuse me! Even the cheapest little restaurant in a third world country will give you some water! I refused, and as a gesture of goodwill, was given a bottle!! But told I must pay in future. To get a glass of water, go to the buffet on Deck 14, get a glass or container of water, bring it to deck 5 dining room and drink it there. Free!

Similarly with tissues in cabin. None in sight, so asked steward for tissues. We don’t do that anymore, I was told. What? You expect me to pack and carry a box of tissues all the way from Australia in my bag? I will ask my supervisor if I can give you a box from Aurea class I was told, and a packet arrived. Most other passengers were visiting a supermarket 3 days later at first stop.

Clean and adequate. Didn’t want balcony as expected very cold, so of little use. Stewardess excellent. Always singing and smiling. Not enough coat hangers. Fridge and kettle were great.

3 Helpful Votes