MSC Seaside Review

If you have the choice of sailing on MSC's Seaside or spending five days in Alcatraz, pick Alcatraz!

Review for the Bahamas Cruise on MSC Seaside
globetrotter1966
6-10 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Apr 2023

After suffering the misfortune of cruising aboard MSC’s “Seaside” prison-upon-the-waves on April 19, 2023, my wife and I have decided we’d rather sail aboard a plastic dingy along a molten lava flow without a paddle than take MSC up on any of their subsequent “special offers”. Let me explain why.

Our nightmare began with a congested, scorching hot embarkation that took over three-and-a-half hours, during which we, and our fellow victims, were herded like drunken cattle. As it was explained to us by port authorities, this was caused by a collapse of MSC’s network and their subsequent failure to provide enough “pads” for the terminal agents to manually process everyone (they only provided them with 39 pads, a very insufficient quantity). A terminal agent told us, “It could have been a breeze if MSC had provided us with more. I would never take MSC myself.” This agent is smarter than us.

We were ordered to fill out a detailed “mandatory health questionnaire”, which was supposed to be collected prior to boarding (and would preclude you from boarding if you did not fill it out). This form was never even glanced at, never mind collected from us. Simply an optics ploy to make it look as though they were taking Covid precautions. They obviously could not care less. (I still have the original copies of these forms that were never taken from us!)

2 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find an MSC Seaside Cruise from $49

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.