• Newsletter
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Royal Princess Review

Alaskan scenery, itinerary and lectures make this a great cruise!

Review for Alaska Cruise on Royal Princess
Urbankmo
6-10 Cruises • Age 50s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Aug 2023

Royal Princess to Alaska Seattle round-trip was a great cruise. I went with a friend, her young son and her brother in early August. Embarkation was super easy, and I found the Blue Lane vs Green Lane to be a meaningless distinction, and picked up my medallion at the same desk as registration, and from getting out of the cab around 11am to being on board took less than 20 minutes.

PROS

The ship is in excellent shape, and our obstructed balcony cabin was great, on the Emerald deck (deck 8). The lifeboat below us obstructed our view straight down but I didn't find that to be an impediment. I like the Princess room layout better than most ships as the closet nicely separates the entrance from the rest of the room. Balcony is small/narrow but very nice to have. My friend's son and brother booked late and were in an accessible interior cabin that was quite spacious compared to most cabins.

Port Reviews

Glacier Bay

Beautiful cruising by the glaciers.

Juneau

Did an independent whale watching and visit to Mendenhall Glacier. Both worthwhile.

Ketchikan

Did the lumberjack show and walked around town. Cute town, easy to get around, check out Creek Street.

Skagway

Probably the best port, so much to do from here. The White Pass railroad and Yukon excursion was a lot of fun, and included the summer dog mushing for a small additional fee. Worth it, also enjoyed visiting Carcross, YT.

Victoria

While only having a few hours here, I enjoyed visiting at night, and did the ship's bus tour into town (a short ride). Was able to walk around downtown and see the famous hotel and outside of Parliament.

5 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Royal Princess Cruise from $178

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.